08 November 2009

Afghanistan as of week 3

Hey everyone,

I appreciate all the letters and care packages I have been getting.....keep it up :)....they help keep me connected with home and keep my spirits lifted high!

My days are LONG to say the least.....we work 14 hours a day most days. Some days are only 12 and then there is the occasional 17-18 hour day. Talk about tired and worn out....I am already. How I keep going everyday....I have no clue. We work 14 days and get one day off....so pretty much you get one day off for every 2 weeks that you work.....I want my weekends back!!!! Oh and there is no 9-5 shift :(.

Ok....enough with the complaining....things are going ok....except for the fact that I wake up every morning at about 5am (day shift is from 730am-730pm) to the guy in the room next to me having phone sex using Skype with his wife. Its graphic, sickening, and annoying....I dont wanna hear that kinda crap. I know you might think its funny....and it is....except for when its you stuck in the situation.

I miss home, my family and my family of friends! I cant wait till I get to come back home.

Oh....I've been asked to update the care package list.....so I guess I better do that:

Snickers
Baby Ruths
Skittles
TOOTSIE ROLLS (My sister sent me a little baggie of them, they were gone in like 5 minutes)
Vanilla Air Fresheners
100 Watt Lightbulbs
Dvd's
Sermons on CD
Itunes Gift Cards


No comments:

Post a Comment